01584 823661

07720 861919

 

Working with Chance 2013 to knowingly employ ex-offenders has a number of benefits:

 

1. You have access to a wide pool of reliable and loyal employees with working skills and talent.

 

2. You’re taking a carefully screened worker who wants to work.

 

3. The worker is contributing to UK plc in tax and NI.

 

4. Society benefits by a reduction in crime.

 

5. Less offending means safer communities.

 

6. Less time in custody leads to greater family cohesion.

 

7. The individual gains self-respect and acceptance in the wider community.

 

So go on ...

Take a Chance

Make a Change!

 

Call 0772 086 1919 or 01584 823661

 

Email Us Twitter

Clients

So why use Chance 2013?

People with criminal convictions account for over 20% of the working age population- they are not some minority group. In excluding this group from employment, companies are immediately ignoring this 20% from their potential field of applicants. By the very nature of being an ex offender the risk they pose is well known and documented and one could argue that it is the other 80% of the group who may potentially pose the greater risk!

According to the CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development), of 144 HR professionals who have knowingly employed ex offenders, only 8 have reported cases of re-offending.

At Chance we select candidates that have come to us through the following sources..
Self referral, HM Prison service, Probation, Charities, the Police and Social Enterprises supporting ex offenders. We work closely with them having built solid strong relationships and they are honest and frank about potential candidates.

Due to the support we receive from these partners all our candidates are extremely well vetted and risk assessed. At Chance we know all our candidates very well unlike other agencies and anyone who is not totally open about their past convictions will not be taken on.

 

“The way I see it is that if they’re not honest with me I can’t trust them and how could I expect anyone else to. I’m not judging people but rather am getting to know them and any support they might need or issues they have.”  Kate Beech

 

 

Not all Chance workers have actually served a custodial sentence, many have been given a community or probation order. The link between the two groups is that having a criminal record dramatically reduces the chance of finding employment.
As the level of unemployment falls, it can become harder to find employees with even basic skills to meet the needs of an expanding business. Skill shortages are a reality so why not increase your potential “pool” of workers?

 

 

Email    This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

                                  Phone 01584 823661 or text 0772 0861919